Redevelopment has been proposed for the Lowry Grove mobile home park adjacent to our neighborhood on Stinson Parkway at Lowry Avenue NE/Kenzie Terrace. A group of residents has been organizing meetings and collecting documents on the project, which WPCiA will post here as they become available. (See also information on the WPCiA Small Area Transportation Plan.)
- Feb. 21, 2017, Motion Passed by Windom Park Citizens in Action re: Proposed Lowry Grove Development
- Community meeting called by SAVNE Neighbors for a Livable Community for Monday, Feb. 13, 2017, 7 p.m. at St. Charles Borromeo Church Doran Hall. Details here.
- Letter from “Southern Gateway” Developer
- Environmental Assessment Worksheet
- City of Saint Anthony Village web site information on Lowry Grove
Please join us for our next monthly neighborhood meeting Tuesday, March 21, starting at 7 p.m. at the Windom Park Recreation Center, 2251 Hayes St. NE, Minneapolis. Agenda items include:
- Update from City of Minneapolis Public Works Department on the 18th Avenue NE roadway rehab and bike/pedestrian trail construction. Get your questions answered!
- “Open Streets” event
- The latest information from the Small Area Transportation Plan process
- Invited but no response as of today: Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board staff update on construction of the new NE Park athletic field building and traffic analysis/impact on the Windom Park neighborhood
- Open Forum – your time to let us know what’s on your mind on a topic of your choosing
All are invited and encouraged to participate in the discussion at the neighborhood meeting. Free child care provided by park staff during the meeting. Accessible location on bus lines. Free parking in lot and on adjacent streets. Contact WPCiA seven business days in advance to request other meeting accommodations.
WPCiA has launched a Small Area Transportation Plan (SATP) process that will involve substantial community engagement. We encourage all Windom Park stakeholders to become a part of this project – for example, by attending our meetings or becoming a part of the steering committee. Documents for the SATP will be posted here as they become available throughout 2016 and 2017.
NOTE: Steering Committee meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month, 7 p.m. at the Windom Park Recreation Center, 2251 Hayes St. NE, unless otherwise noted. (Accessible location.)
- Technical Memo #1 (December 2016)
- Initial Draft – Neighborhood Issues Map (Fall 2016)
- January 17, 2017 SATP Memo (Community Meeting No. 1 Summary)
- PowerPoint Presentation at 1-17-17 Community Meeting (Presentation from Community Meeting No. 1)
- “Safe Routes to School” (Minneapolis Public Schools bike-walk routes)
See also: Lowry Grove redevelopment plans
Neighborhood Meeting Minutes (annual meeting and board election)
Board Meeting Minutes (no quorum)
WPCiA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization; all donations to WPCiA are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. In addition to donating to your neighborhood organization via the red “Make A Donation” buttons found on our web site, WPCiA also participates in Amazon Smile, Thrivent Choice, GiveMN and in “Give to the Max Day.” We welcome your donations to WPCiA by these online methods or via U.S. Mail to:
1845 Stinson Parkway, No. 201
Minneapolis, MN 55418
Check out our new Windom Park business directory! We try our best to keep this up to date, but if you are the owner of a Windom Park business and notice any errors or omissions, please contact us.